When you purchased your smartphone, do you remember what email address and password was used to set it up? If you do, that’s excellent. If not, you have some work to do.
The email address and password that was used to set up your phone is critical to finding your phone in case you lose it or worse, if it is stolen.
Add a 4 digit passcode or pattern on your phone for security.
- iPhone: Settings > General > Password Lock
- Android: Menu > Settings>Security>Screen lock. (The exact words may vary slightly from phone to phone.)
Track Your Phone
- Your phone was set up with a Gmail account. You need to know what that account and password is in order to log in on the internet so that you can trace it.
- Download the Device Manager Android App or go to www.google.com/android/devicemanager
- Sign in on a browser with your Gmail Account and Password
- If your phone is on, you will see a map with its location. You can call your phone, lock it or erase its data.
- Your phone was set up with an email address of your choice and a password
- Find My iPhone should be downloaded on your phone. If it is not, do it now.
- Go to www.icloud.com
- Sign in on a browser with your email address and password
- If our phone is on, you will see a map with its location You can call your phone lock it or erase its data.